Your surveys can present answers and questions to recipients in a random order. You can choose to randomize the order of answers within a question, randomize the order of questions within the survey, both, or neither.
In the interface, this is referred to as “randomization,” which means the ability to put questions/answers in random order. All recipients will still be presented with all questions.
Putting Answers into Random Order
To randomize answers for a question:
- When editing a survey, click the Edit button for the question.
- Under Row Options, check the box Click here to randomize the order of answers.
- You will see a new column called Select to Randomize. Check the answers you would like randomized.
- Unchecked answers will stay in their current position.
Putting Questions into Random Order
To randomize questions when editing a survey:
- Go to Survey Properties and open the Randomize Questions section.
- Check Click here to randomize questions.
- This opens a pop-in with randomization options.
- Select whether to randomize questions across all pages, or within the original page.
- Across all pages will move questions between different pages.
- Within original page will keep the same questions on the same page, but in a random order.
- Select which questions you would like to randomize.
- Unchecked questions will stay in their current position.
- Click Submit when you are done.
- To edit your randomization options, click the same checkbox under Randomize Questions.
- There will now be a new checkbox at the top to turn randomization off.
- If randomization is turned on for questions, a Randomize Question section will be available when you edit the question.
- Check or uncheck the box in this section to turn randomization on or off.