In this quickstart guide we’ll walk you through how you’ll ultimately manage members via your Real Magnet integration. We’ll cover:
- Preparing your data for a marketing automation campaign
- Configuring your marketing automation campaign
- Measuring your marketing automation campaign’s success
Preparing your data for a marketing automation campaign
When you install the Real Magnet netFORUM integration, you can associate a number of your individual queries without run time parameters to a group in Real Magnet. These are called Upload Jobs. Each time these upload jobs run, the Real Magnet application makes a request to your xWeb site. The time it takes for these queries to run can vary based on the complexity of the query variables. The most basic variables that must be included in a query will need to be:
- Email Address
- Expiration Date
Configuring your marketing automation campaign
Once the upload jobs have been configured you’ll move on to configuring your marketing automation campaign, each campaign should have a clearly defined goal and action. Once a recipient reaches a goal, there should be a clear path for what happens next.
Measuring your marketing automation campaign’s success
Using the tools available via marketing automation you can track the campaign’s success, in particular how many recipients are meeting the goal (renewing). You’ll also be able to track these metrics from the Correspondence tab in netFORUM and within Real Magnet via the Recipient Search tool.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I know that the campaign goal has been met?
- This is up to you – but a typical membership campaign defines this variable when a member renews. In this example, the expiration date will update when a member pays their renewal fees.
- How can I exclude individuals from being sent to?
- Once a member renews they will not receive any future messages. However, you may have member cancellations, or lifetime members, or even members that have opted to not receive any emails. Once someone is enrolled in a campaign they never really leave, unless they are suppressed or unsubscribed in the Real Magnet system. It’s best to either exclude member cancellations by creating a group of these recipients and excluding them on send or suppressing them.